Wednesday 10 October 2012

Jeep Liberty #05

jeep liberty

Well, now that I sold my 06 Jeep Liberty Limited at auction, I'll be happy to tell you that when I drove it to St. Louis from Springfield Missouri it just about bankrupted me in gas fees. You would think a small SUV like that would not be any big deal on gas, but if you combine automatic, 4 wheel drive, V6 and heater blowing it adds up quick. I've taken that trip a hundred times (literally) and I never gave gas prices a second thought. I have the receipts but I must have spent $60 there and back.
jeep liberty

I guess it was the fact that it was such a small vehicle that really set me off about it. I could understand if I was driving a Yukon or Navigator, you would at least expect it then. But what a surprise this was.
jeep liberty

While I'm on the subject of Liberties, have you ever driven a 5 speed liberty? It kind of reminds me of driving a 3 wheeler for the first time. It has a very strange feel to it, just not natural. I'm mentioning this because a friend of mine just bought one to resell. It turned out to be a 5 speed with 2 wheel drive. I'll have to ask him about the gas mileage on it...
jeep liberty

We did some work on it for him when he got it at the auto auction. So, I drove it to my shop and in the middle of the drive I had to call and warn him of the vehicles strange feel on the road. He said I was imagining things. He was at the sale the next week trying to dump the thing. "Nobody is ever gonna buy this heap after they drive it!" he says.
jeep liberty

Well, I don't like slamming other peoples products, but in this case they are a frustrating little truck. Jeep has made some great ones over the years, but this one has missed its mark.
jeep liberty

No comments:

Post a Comment